Saturday, August 1, 2009

UPDATE6: Training up a child

In the middle of the night last night I put Haven in the bed with me to nurse. She nursed for a while then she started patting me with her hand. I read yesterday that that could be a sign that she needs to potty. I took her potty, but she had already used her diaper. I took her and laid her in her crib and said, "Go night, night." I only had to lay her head down once at first (my memory of this is hazy). I had to stop her kicking several times, then she tried raising her head a few more times. Finally I was satisfied she wasn't going to try to move anymore. The light was out so I could see if her eyes were closed. I don't know what time it was because I didn't have my glasses on. I laid down in my bed (which is right next to her crib) and waited to see what she would do. I couldn't go to sleep. She was tossing and turning a bit. Finally, after about 5 minutes, I bent over her crib to see what she was doing -she was looking right at me, lol! So, I picked her up and put her in bed with me... I couldn't resist.

I would call it a success because she didn't get up or cry, even though she was still awake.

No comments: