Friday, July 31, 2009

UPDATE 4: Training up a child

Very Hard Session!

It was 4:23 pm when I laid her down for a nap, she was obviously very sleepy. She only tried to raise her head about 5 times. However, she started kicking her legs. I knew this was going to keep her from going to sleep, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do about it. First I thought, maybe she needs to potty. Kicking can be a sign that the baby needs to go. So set her on the potty, but she did not go. I took her back to bed and started over. The kicking started up again. I decided to treat it just like her raising her head. Everytime she kicked, I stopped her legs from kicking and said, "NO, no. Go night, night." It was just as hard for her to give up the kicking as it had been hard for her to stop raising her head the first time I trained her. She didn't give the kicking until 4:45. She was asleep by 4:47. I stayed by her crib until 4:50 just to make sure she was really asleep. If you subtract 5 minutes for the potty break, this session took about 17 minutes. That stinks.

No comments: