Friday, December 26, 2008

Update

We finally closed on the house! We have started painting it - just priming right now. We plan to paint the entire house a light tan or beige. Our next project is carpet and laminate.

Over a week ago, I went to the health department and they told me I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She said I should have the baby by new years. Last night I had contractions for over 2 hours. They were between 3 and 7 minutes apart. They weren't painful though. It just felt like a gradual tightening... squeezing... hard to breath. However, after I woke Heath up and told him I thought I was in labor, they stopped. (His response -"no, you're not" how did he know?) I'm still a little nervous, but I want to have the baby before monday so I don't have to have that beta strep test done.

I had a great christmas and got everything I wanted, including 2 nursing bras, underwear and socks. It seems so silly that I don't just buy these things for myself when I need them - it's just so hard to buy new things when you know you could make due with the underwear and socks you have been wearing for the past 7 years. Are we too cheap? I seriously still wear underwear I bought before I met Heath (almost 6 years ago).

The sweetest thing Heath has said about the baby:
Me: I wonder what she looks like....
Heath: I'm sure she's beautiful.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Hey I'm momtoaprincess and saw that you were following my blog. That's fine.. I always want to make friends online but I do wish you would drop me a comment from time-to-time!

Good luck with your upcoming delivery! Giving birth is a wonderful experience. Enjoy these times!